Canggu, Bali’s surfer paradise, has quickly become one of Bali’s most popular destinations. Travellers from all over the world come to Canggu to brunch in the most amazing cafes of Canggu, to learn how to surf and of course, to go shopping. With the rise of tourism to Canggu shops started, and still are, opening up left and right making Canggu a shopping paradise for those looking for new clothes, swimwear, beautiful jewellery and decorations to bring back home. But no shopping spree in Canggu would be complete without visiting Canggu’s famous markets: The Samadi Sunday Market, Love Anchor and the Original Canggu Market. Keep on reading to find out everything you need to know about the 3 best markets in Canggu!
Please note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that purchasing a product or service via these links may earn us a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
The 3 Best Markets in Canggu
1. Samadi Sunday Market
The Samadi Sunday Market is one of the most unique markets you will find in Canggu, mainly because the market is not based around clothes and souvenirs but instead about local organic foods and treats. At the Samadi Sunday Market you will find the most delicious fruits, fresh veggies, endless amount of spices and crispy bread, perfect if you are staying in Canggu long term and want to do some grocery shopping. Don’t have to to any grocery shopping? Perhaps indulge in tasty treats such as coconut chocolate cookies, pumpkin pie or fresh hot coffee, instead, I mean, what better way to start your morning of exploring Canggu right? Besides the food and produce you will find a couple of small stalls selling accessories and clothing, but the main highlight will remain the fresh and local produce here.
Info on visiting the Samadi Sunday Market:
- Location: The Samadi Sunday Market takes place at Samadi Bali, located on Jln. Padang Linjong, find the exact location here.
- What you can buy at the Samadi Sunday market: Organic foods such as spices, nuts, fruits and so much more!
- Opening hours: The Samadi Sunday Market is open every Sunday from 9AM – 2PM, find more info on the Samadi website.
2. Love Anchor
One of Canggu’s most popular markets must be the Love Anchor Market, located on Canggu’s busiest shopping street: Batu Bolong. This market is open 7 days a week making it a popular stop for backpackers and travellers looking for some new beachwear, a nice summer dress or just some souvenirs to take home. While this market might be slightly pricier then the street vendors you will find in Canggu, you do have the benefit of having all shops in one location, making it easier to find that dress, skirt or shirt in the right colour or size. Besides clothes and beachwear you will also find stands selling souvenirs and stunning jewellery, the perfect place to fill up your suitcase before heading to your next destination!
Info on visiting the Love Anchor Market:
- Location: The Love Anchor Market is located on Jln. Pantai Batu Bolong, you can find the exact location on the map.
- What you can buy at the Love Anchor market: Clothes, jewellery, souvenirs and swimwear.
- Opening hours: The Love Anchor Market is open daily from 9am – 9pm.
3. The Original Canggu Market at Old Man’s
While this market is not around as often as other markets in Canggu, it is still one of the must visit markets in Canggu if you like shopping! One Saturday every month the beachfront bar of Old Man’s turns into a shopping paradise where over a 150 stalls sell clothes, jewellery, organic delicious treats, local art and so much more. So if you are lucky enough to be in Canggu during one of Old Man’s markets then it is definitely one to add to the Canggu itinerary. Old Man’s is one of our favourite markets in Canggu, mainly for the delicious foods you can find here, but also because of the variety of items that are sold here, there is something for everyone!
Info on visiting the Original Canggu Market:
- Location: The Original Canggu Market takes place at Old Man’s a beachfront bar located at the bottom of Jln. Pantai Batu Bolong. Check the exact location on the map here.
- What you can buy at the Original Canggu market: Clothes, jewellery, swimwear, hats, accessories, souvenirs, eco friendly products and delicious treats.
- Opening hours: The Original Canggu Market takes place normally once a month, often the first or the last Saturday of the month. You can find the upcoming dates on the Facebook page of Old Man’s.
How to get to Canggu
Canggu is located in the South of Bali, roughly an hour and a half from the airport. With Canggu’s close proximity to the airport it can easily be combined with other destinations in Bali such as Seminyak, which is only a short ride from Canggu, or Ubud, Bali’s cultural capital. If Canggu is your first destination in Bali then we highly recommend to arrange an airport transfer to make your arrival in Bali quick and easy. You can either arrange your hotel or guesthouse to arrange a pickup, or arrange your airport transfer through Klook online. We normally choose for the latter as we can arrange our pickup with the click of a button, either online or through an app, and to make it even better, if you sign up through this link you will get a €5 discount on your first booking, making that airport transfer even more affordable!
How to get around Canggu – Once you arrive in Canggu you will realise that the modes of transport in Bali are rather limited. As there is a lack of public transportation you will have multiple options on how to get around Canggu: by foot, taxi’s, or by scooter. We personally love getting around Canggu by scooter as it is not only affordable, but also gives you an incredible amount of freedom of not only exploring Canggu but also Canggu’s surroundings and possibly even the rest of Bali! Scooter rental starts at roughly $3 a day, depending on the type of scooter you rent and the amount of days you will rent your scooter for. However, before you hop on that scooter or motorbike be sure to wear a helmet and to only ride a scooter if you feel comfortable and confident doing so as the traffic in Bali can be quite chaotic!
And there you have it, the 3 must see Markets of Canggu! Have you been to Canggu before? What is your favourite market? Be sure to share it with us in the comment section down below! Oh, and if you are planning on traveling to Canggu, be sure to check out some of our other guides filled with tip, tricks and sights to see in Canggu:
- 12 Unforgettable things to do in Canggu
- Canggu beach guide – 5 Incredible beaches in Canggu
- The best Canggu cheap eats
- Canggu rice fields – Everything you need to know
Save it to Pinterest!