Bali, a place that is known to be paradise. White tropical beaches, stunning waterfalls, lush green rice terraces, delicious food, beautiful temples and so much more. There are so many things to do in Bali that it is hard to plan the ultimate itinerary! To be sure you will not forget anything during your Bali trip we have created the ultimate Bali Bucket List. 80+ Things to do in Bali, a list that could easily keep you busy for weeks, if not months. This Bali Bucket List is the perfect list for adventure lovers and culture seekers. So scroll down below and read here everything you need to do in Bali! From Ubud to North Bali and Nusa Islands, we have listed everything you want to do on your next Bali trip. Visiting Bali for the first time? Don’t forget to check out our complete Bali guide for first timers!
What to do in Ubud
1. Participate in the purification ritual at the Tirta Empul Temple, one of Bali’s holiest water temples.
2. Wander around Bali’s most stunning rice fields: the Tegalalang Rice Terraces.
3. Take a walk on the Campuhan Ridge Walk to escape the hustle and bustle of Ubud’s centre.
4. Go shopping at the Ubud Art Market to find the most stunning sarongs, clothing, jewelry and the iconic Bali straw bag.
5. Visit Goa Gajah, also named the Elephant Cave, right out of the centre of Ubud.
6. Have you always wanted to see or feed a monkey? Visit the Monkey Forest, located right in Ubud’s centre, a place that is almost on everyone’s Bali Bucket List!
7. Go chasing waterfalls! The waterfall that should be on your Bali Bucket List is the Tibumana Waterfall, Bali’s hidden gem.
8. While the Tibumana Waterfall may be Bali’s hidden gem, there is no waterfall as magical as the Tukad Cepung Waterfall!
9. Photograph the lotus flowers at Pura Saraswati and explore Ubud Palace.
10. Eat your heart out at one of the many warungs in Ubud, or go and do a cooking course to learn how to cook traditional Balinese food!
11. Walk down the many steps of Pura Gunung Kawi one of Bali’s oldest temples.
12. Stay at the Hanging Gardens of Bali to swim in Bali’s most beautiful infinity pool.
What to do in Canggu
13. See the sun set at the Tanah Lot Temple, one of the most iconic photo spots in Bali.
14. Go surfing at Batu Bolong Beach one of Bali’s most popular surf spots.
15. Relax for a day at a beach club. The Lawn and Finn’s Beach Club are some of Canggu’s most popular beach clubs!
16. Go shopping at a weekend market, such as the Love Anchor Market or the Samadi Market.
17. Eat at one of the many warungs, the best place to find local Balinese food! Our personal favorite: the Varuna Warung.
18. Eat a smoothie bowl, one of Canggu’s most famous breakfast dishes, something that you can’t leave of your Bali Bucket List!
19. Go cafe hopping. From Cinta Cafe to the Loft, Peleton Supershop, Coffee Cartel, Crate Cafe and so on, there are enough cafes to keep you busy for weeks!
20. Drink cocktails at the beach while seeing the sun set at Berawa Beach!
21. Rent a scooter to explore Canggu’s area and beaches!
22. See one of Bali’s most beautiful back sand beaches at Mengening Beach.
23. Spot Canggu’s many murals, with the mural at Old Man’s probably being the most iconic.
What to do in North Bali
24. Hike down to Bali’s most beautiful and largest waterfall: the Sekumpul Waterfall.
25. Go for a swim at the Gitgit Waterfall.
26. See the sunrise from the Strawberry Hill Viewpoint.
27. Take a photo at the iconic Handara Golf Course Gates.
28. Up for an adventure? Visit the Aling Aling Waterfall to go cliff jumping!
29. Have dinner on Lovina Beach while the sun sets.
30. Stay at the Munduk Moding Plantation to swim in Northern Bali’s most beautiful infinity pool.
31. When waking up all refreshed from your stay at the Munduk Moding Plantation, don’t forget to visit the nearby Munduk Waterfall!
32. Climb Mount Batur for the most stunning sunrise in Northern Bali, a must on any adventure lover’s Bali Bucket List!
33. Awe at the viewpoint over the twin lakes.
34. Along the same road as the viewpoint over the twin lakes stop at one of the many selfie spots for the perfect selfie shot with the lakes!
35. Escape the heat and go for a refreshing swim at the Banyumala Twin Waterfalls.
36. After the Banyumala Waterfall visit the nearby Banyu Wana Amertha Waterfall!
37. Visit Brahmavihara-Arama, a buddhist temple complex near Lovina.
38. Visit the small but refreshing SingSing Waterfall.
39. Go swimming in the pools of the Sambangan Secret Garden!
40. Hike through the rice fields at Munduk.
41. See the sunrise at Bali’s most beautiful water temple: Pura Ulun Danu Bratan.
42. Bathe in the Banjar Hot Springs, located close to the Brahmavihara-Aramatemple complex.
43. See the sunrise over Mount Batur from Pinggan Village.
What to do in Uluwatu and the Bukit Peninsula
44. See Bali’s abandoned airplane, a Boeing 737 in Kuta!
45. Go swimming at the secluded beach of Pantai Tegal Wangi and find the natural “jacuzzis”.
46. See the traditional kecak fire dance at the Uluwatu Temple.
47. Admire the view over Balangan Beach from the viewpoint.
48. Visit a cave beach at Suluban Beach!
49. Take a photo at the most popular viewpoint in Bali, the Karang Boma Cliff, the perfect Instagram shot at sunset and sunrise.
50. Take a hike to the difficult to reach the pristine and secluded Nyang Nyang Beach, beach hopping is a must have activity on your Bali Bucket List!
51. See the water clashing against cliffs and blowing in the air at the Water Blow in Nusa Dua.
52. Take a photo with the shipwreck and Nunggalan Beach.
53. Admire the view from the Pura Luhur Uluwatu early in the morning.
What to do in East Bali
54. See the sun rise at the heaven’s gates of Pura Lempuyang, one of Bali’s most beautiful places to see the sunrise.
55. Feed the fish at the Tirta Gangga Water Palace.
56. Go diving or snorkeling in Amed.
57. Visit the ‘Mother Temple’ of Bali: the Besakih Temple.
58. Stay at the Hideout in Eastern Bali! A stunning Eco Bamboo home surrounded by lush green scenery. And to make it even better sign up here now for AirBnB and receive a 30$ discount of your booking!
59. Go ship wreck diving at Tulamben, one of Bali’s most beautiful dive sights.
60. Visit Sidemen Village to see some of Bali’s most beautiful rice fields and discover the countryside of Bali.
61. Feeling adventurous? Take a guided tour and climb Mount Agung!
What to do on the Nusa Islands
62. See the yellow bridge between Lembongan and Ceningan Island.
63. Up for an adventure? Go cliff jumping at Mahana Point!
64. Visit one of Nusa Penida’s most iconic spots: Kelingking Beach where from up above the rock formations look like a t-rex.
65. Hike down all the way to Kelingking Beach and go for a swim!
66. Take a swim at Angel’s Billabong when the tide allows.
67. See Nusa Penida’s Broken Beach.
68. Visit a waterfall that sits at the edge of a cliff: the Peguyangan Waterfall on Nusa Penida.
69. See the Teletubbies hills at Bukit Teletubbies on Nusa Penida.
71. See the sun set from the viewpoint over Diamond Beach.
72. But before seeing the sun set over Diamond Beach be sure to go to Atuh Beach, one of Nusa Penida’s most beautiful beaches.
73. Go snorkeling or diving with manta rays at Manta Point, Nusa Penida, something you definitely cannot leave of your Bali Bucket List!
74. Go swimming and cliff jumping at the Blue Lagoon on Nusa Ceningan.
75. Find the most beautiful viewpoint at the Banah Cliffs on Nusa Penida.
What to do in Central & West Bali
76. Go snorkeling at Pemuteran, located in Northwest Bali.
77. Visit the lesser known Sangeh Monkey Forest, a quiet alternative of Ubud’s monkey forest!
78. Wander around the Jatiluwih Rice Terraces, endless rice fields located in Central Bali. The Jatiluwih Rice terraces are a perfect stop on your way to Northern Bali.
79. Go for a swim in the NungNung Waterfall, a waterfall that has been rated as one of Bali’s best waterfalls!
80. Could you ever see enough rice terraces? If not be sure to visit one of the least visited rice terraces of Bali: the Busungbiu Rice terraces.
81. And last, but definitely not least… see Pura Rambut Siwi, one of the biggest temples in West Bali.
The Ultimate Bali Bucket List!
And there you have it, the ultimate Bali Bucket List, 81 things to do in Bali. Don’t forget to pin it to save this bucket list for your next visit to Bali. Have you been to Bali before? Is there anything we have forgotten on this Bali Bucket List? Tell us in the comments down below!
Transparency: Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that buying a product via these links, at no additional costs to you, earns me a small commission; these small commissions are what keeps this website going. I, nonetheless, only recommend products I personally use and believe in!